08 January, 2009

Update Jan 8

I didn't think I would get any writing done today. Our new grammar professor has given us quite a bit of homework. She's also our francophone film class prof, so she's given us some homework for that class as well.

I managed to finish all of the grammar homework, both what is due tomorrow and what is due Monday. Hopefully the film class work won't take too much time and I can devote the rest of my weekend to catching up on sleep and writing.

The sleep is hard to catch up on. I keep having stressful dreams. The night before last I dreamed I was heading off to war. It was odd. All of us soldiers were women, and we didn't like it much. I think in the milieu of my dream only men were soldiers. We dressed as many women as possible as men. I couldn't be a man, because I'm too curvy. So they handed me a sword and told me not to worry. As a woman I was scarier than anything else a man could face.

I'm not sure what my subconscious was getting at with that one, but I've decided the safest course is to ignore it.

Oh yes, writing update. I did actually manage to meet my goal tonight. It's getting easier and easier to slip into writing mode, no matter how I'm feeling. And the writing is coming quicker too. I finished my 1000 words in less than forty minutes.

I am awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment