11 January, 2009

Lovely distractions

I spent the better part of my day watching HBO's Rome. It's a great show. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

I watched nine of the fifty minute episodes today, and enjoyed every second.

Needless to say, I didn't get any excess writing done. I'm amazed that I made my goal. I did though--1500 words. I might have a harder time tomorrow. I have more social engagements than I'd care to have, as well as my film class homework, which isn't due until Tuesday but I'd prefer to have it finished before Monday.

I'll also have to go to bed at a decent hour, since Monday mornings are hard enough without depriving myself needlessly of sleep.

Here's hoping I wake up more motivated tomorrow than I did today and I get the writing done first thing.

The story's lagging a bit. Laynie is busy trying to seduce Henri, and he's not at all interested. I have no idea how to realistically bring him around, nor how quickly I want that to happen. And to top it all off, he's a two dimensional character I don't find interesting at all. I hope I can fix that somehow, because he is going to be an important character in the book.

I've hit the 10,000 word duldrums, in which I decide every word is utter crap and I'm wasting my time. It makes meeting daily goals hard, but I'm dedicated to seeing this one through to the end.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you posted this a couple of days after my 'Book Block' on Lit Soup:

    http://litsoup.blogspot.com/2009/01/book-block-distraction-by-damon-young.html

    (Apologies for the intrusion: I ended up here after a bit of self-Googling.)

    ReplyDelete