28 February, 2009

Quick Post

I'm in the midst of writing a 2000 word paper comparing two versions of Cyrano de Bergerac (one French version, and one English version). I'm writing the paper in French, so it's going to be a long process. If I'm posting irregularly, the two of you actually reading this blog can blame my Francophone film class.

Had a great conversation last night with an old friend. She let me bounce ideas off of her about my story, and helped me realize that the hero I'd chosen wasn't right for this book. He'll get his, just not this one.

So, now I'm trying to come up with a new hero--while being a bit too influenced by Cyrano. While it's an exciting process, birthing a new character, it means that I'm even further away from starting prose. The old hero was enough of a misfit that he was slowing down the planning rather than enhancing it, so hopefully this new hero will speed things up.

I just need a species for him. Gah. Back to the research. Encyclopedia Mythica here I come!

Er, after I work on my essay for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment